Orta San Giulio. Community Hall



Built in 1585, it was the place and symbol of the long self-government that Orta enjoyed. It was here that the General Council exercised its legislative and executive power. The large portico at street level is connected by an external staircase to the one large hall on the first floor. The outer walls are decorated with the coats of arms of some of the bishops of Novara who succeeded each other in governing the region, as well as the symbol of Orta accompanied by the inscription 'Ortus Conclusus'.


Click here to return to the menu: